Jamie Shaft / Merzbow, Slow Down Furry Dub


I was granted an O-1 Visa back in December 2011. I had never been more aware of how I spend my time, of what I have failed to accomplish or have done so far. Part of it has been spent in Graphic Design and Interactive work (making a living) and the other part into 4 art projects (3 in NO and one in Mexico). My goal was to finish the project I'm working on now last year, but sometimes what's left of life gets in the way.

I think this project is very much like my internal process. Intricate, long, and very much, time consuming. 

I'm also taking my time to go into this foggy world again, I sometimes feel on thin ice and well, it's cold and rainy these days, makes biking a really uneasy and awkward ride.

What I've recently found out is that if I suspend the beliefs of my so-called certainties, it gives room to other possibilities... so I wonder if in the slow making I'm actually trying to make a decision.


Comments