Joel Flores


The man in green is Joel Flores and he is owner of this and other tortillerías or tortilla vending spots in San Bartolo Ameyalco, a small town within the DF. Ameyalco means the place where water springs and I'm happy this is where I'm making these project because Don Joel is an inexhaustible source of optimism and good will. He wants this project to be better than the last and that fact by itself makes me want to hug him and be grateful he's on this with me.

This time I'm working with two elements in different combinations: brown clay and white corn / brown clay and blue corn / red clay or arciilla and white corn. There are around 45 tortillas in a Kg. and I'm aiming to one thousand tortillas per combination. So if my calculations are correct, I will need almost 35 kilos of corn masa, 23 of brown clay and 11.5 of red clay.

Comments