Want to grow (a few inches)?

[look for it in your country!]
When I first saw this ad in the middle of the street, I immediately thought it meant growing up. When I figured it out, it made me smile. I imagined an ad that could imply my idea and thus, the treatment you would receive if such thing existed.

Rows and rows of therapists saying phrases like:
"No sir, you can't buy that car anymore, you have to grow up, this is a middle age crisis...."
"No mam, you can't blame your husband, your kids or your parents anymore, you have to grow up and that is a step towards that.... Here's a tissue paper..."
"I'm sorry sir, she's more than half your age..."
"Look kid, leave your house as soon as you can, get a job..."

Maybe for the more advanced, rows of philosophers, thanatologists and scientists:
"Transcending? Please specify what you mean by that?"
"Ohhhh the body and soul divide, well let's bring Dr. Schurovich for that... Mark! Can you come over to aisle 342?"

On the fact that this ad exists, I don't know why I find it endearing. Maybe because I'm not a short person? But to literally go to such lenghts to appear taller, seems so... yes, endearing. What sort of gimmicks we have developed culturally to accept ourselves a little bit more. Relying on small fixes, like minuscule aesthetic crutches to take us through a day of social refusals and acceptances. We humans, observed as such, seem... you guessed it right: endearing.

Comments