10th International Museum Congress #CIM2015 #MetaNarrativas



I wonder if being at the right place at the right time is what brings you opportunities. I know leaving things behind brings you new stuff, it's life's rolling scenery of future and past tense. 

A few days ago, I was with a colleague who was just emptying a room he had kept during his 25 year teaching career. He told me about this little anecdote. While moving out, he found amongst some piles of papers a bunch of diplomas of a Simposium about Design from back in the nineties. He showed them to me with a smile on his face. "What do you do with these?" He asked. "I mean, to the living I will give to, but to the dead ones?" We both laughed at the irony of valued objects against the ever winning death. "Maybe you should place them on top of their graves?" I asked. We both bursted out laughing.

Keeping things real is of vital importance. Events are important. Very. Throughout our lives they show things we accomplished or things we didn't try hard enough, things we fought for, things we didn't decide to pursue. But let's not forget other events are as important. One day before this event, my nephew will be born. These grandiose events don't come on a pamphlet nor parents are given a diploma. They are humbly silent.

I hope my Diploma states the following as a sign of accomplishment:
"Enjoying Life, Forever Loving but most important, Forever Giving"

Comments