Monica Lewis, Chiquita Banana



Here's what I know so far:
In regards to a using English as a second language (L2) for a teaching purpose:
1. I can have from a good to great conversation with any English native.
2. Kudos for grammar and vocabulary.
Now, presenting my subject matter in English presents a different landscape...
1. I'm extremely teacher-centered and without me realising this, I use the word "no?" as a filler amongst concepts. It seems us non-native English speakers do this a lot. Huge "x" mark on this last issue. "It sounds like you are second-guessing yourself", someone said.
2. I should involve students even more. "You're loosing valuable situations for interaction". True.
3. Being a good teacher (after two years and a half) is all right. But in order to be inspiring? I will have to work a lot harder, si, si, si, si....

Comments