AmArteMx Chapter 3


Nobody would believe how opposite I am towards being filmed. Those who know me well, know this little fact about me, but truth is, they also know, I'm willing to go beyond and above when it comes to something I believe in.


Our students surprise me, they are opinionated and passionate, but what I'm finding amazing is their profound empathy; something you just can't teach on a slideshow. Sure, they might talk funny because they are known as "fresas", which really stands for being stuck up and rich, but if they are perceived that way, they do not seem bothered, because what they're saying is what's important to them.


When I look at the many sides of this Rummikub project, I understand how much of everything we do is about learning how to communicate with each other and break misconceptions of brainless rich kids, of bad teachers, of helpless indigenous artisans, of radio companies using people for their stories... If we can push a bit further, compromise and connect to each other, as single individuals, we might just get away with making that huge leap of faith amongst Mexicans from different walks of life, all inside a piñata, willing to crack open, the true value of our culture.

Comments