Nothing is as it ever was



I’m about to leave this old continent. I wonder why it was that years ago I was so smitten by it. Although I can’t say I’m not in love with it anymore, it was for many years, what I considered to be a turning point in my life.

But it is as if now… After 25 years or so, it has managed to recover the precise weight and dimension of a period in time. Europe was not unattainable, it was just different from the wild nature of latinhood. Never better, nor unsurpassable. In the end, after these past few days, it is clear that whatever a culture holds dear, obsessive or precious may come to being by the sheer will of men and women. Call it a church or a poem, what all these things have in common is the Es muss sein! that has been and probably will remain important for my further practice in life and art.



By moving Europe out of the centerpiece of my existence, it is as if, the whole orbs of different times have shifted it’s gravitasse. Many lives can come to an end in a day like today, so many more can come forward to being.

Obviousness can stare back at you sometimes without it being judgmental. Being more or less content wasn’t connected to place but to becoming. Happiness was never about what was lying ahead it was about what was happening then and there.


Everything was transcendent,
yet it doesn’t need to define you.
With fairy dust removed…
Nothing is as it ever was.

Comments