In Everything, To Love and to Serve


Today my first master's student graduated. I personally think her project has great potential to become a startup, but most important, it was amazing, for some moments in time, to be part of someone else's train of thought and contribute in some way to the overall perception of the project.

I must confess my voice broke a little as I read aloud the official pronouncement that stated how she is now part of the professional force by becoming a researcher in her field.

After signing the paperwork, this coin was given to me by the college, apparently it is awarded to thesis directors for the effort they provide in the guidance of the projects but was nonetheless, a special moment. The sentence is quite beautiful: "In Everything, To Love and to Serve". The original jesuit maximum by Loyola is: "Inner knowledge may be very well received, so I can, entirely in recognition may, in everything, to love and to serve".

Comments