Celia Cruz, La Vida es un Carnaval

Today I thought about age in a different way. I thought about the people that have nurtured my life for forty years. Instead of waiting for people to contact me, I tried emailing, facebooking and calling the people I have had the fortune to cross my path with. I said thank you a lot. I saw myself sitting in the back of my aunt´s gallery looking at the paintings carefully stored, cleaning emotional bruises with drinks, sobs and laughter with my friends, going to buy a plane ticket with my grandmother when I was young and telling me I needed to have that trip in the name of the love I had for one man.


These have been shared moments that conform my life, none of them bind me today or dictate my future and as Celia Cruz once said, life is a carnival (a learning one).







Comments