Street Organ, Alain Fournier

Yesterday was a good day. I had a meeting with Odilón Jardines who introduced me to a number of organilleros or street organ players. The kind of art work I do allows me to be inserted into worlds I would have never been to otherwise.

It still amazes and humbles me when people open up their homes, their lives and their passion to me. Collaboration is a very delicate issue because it requires trust and overall a sense of mutual conciliation or common goals or benefits. Most of all, respect.

I get all excited and we all laugh, there are no scripts, pue improvisation. They get excited and we all dream that things might come out of this.

Another benefit from this project is going back and forth to the Centro or downtown. I love it. It´s alway busy and full of what makes me a Mexican. I can´t resist a concha, much less from the Café de Tacuba which is close to the entrance of the subway. They have this beautiful painting by Carlos González called Chocolate Mural.


Worlds within worlds. I wish I could do this every day but I know work and life will only allow me to know a few. I guess that´s ok.


Comments