Mexico vs Cameroun (or Cielito Lindo)



Its's hard not to get caught up in the football fever. In places like Mexico, even harder because we live for it. Apparently this game is full of bad omens, the bus where they were supposed to travel in, didn't work, the fact that it hasn't stopped raining... Our teams throughout the years have been filled of excuses like this. I have grown up listening to all kinds of beautiful and emotive displays of affection towards a team that keeps falling short from our expectations. Listening to the "Cielito Lindo" by thousands of people fills my skin with goosebumps but I wonder if we (and I mean Mexicans) will be able to believe we can actually win. It takes a lot of work. But I think it actually takes a different frame of mind, being able to think we can beat Brazil, forget about Cameroun, forget about this final score. We need thirst, a sense of leaving mediocrity behind and wanting more. 

Comments