Pretty Lights, Lost and Found


There are things that can only happen to you. What I mean with this is that certain events mark your life. You were standing in front of a window in 1992 and met someone, or you were exactly at the spot when someone needed to hire you and your life took a 360 degree spin you could have never anticipated before.

Two years ago I felt my life was about to change but I never thought it would take such a rough ride to get here today. As I look at my students, I feel I would have never dared to take the teaching road unless I had deviated from the path in the way I did.

This is one of the few rare moments where I can truly appreciate the fact things are falling into place. Given the strange and almost capricious nature of these events you have to learn to cherish and let them go at the same time of its realisation.

A part of my life that was lost has been found. This is by no means to say it's mine or that will ever be. It's just like finding out how long you have been without something you missed. An old sweater someone found on their car and gave it back to you, the finding of an object that reminds you of your childhood, the flavour of a dish someone used to make for you and unexpectedly find at a restaurant. Suddenly, it all makes sense, even the fact that you lost it...


Comments