Los Tigres Del Norte, Jefe De Jefes




Pasted on the window of a police car, I looked at the crumbled, fading image of "El Chapo". I took this picture and showed it to the parking guy where I left my car after a meeting. I told him, "This is so funny, you think this guy's gonna to be walking around here and that I will say, oh, he looks familiar, mmhmhm oh, right! He's el Chapo! I'll call the police right away!"

He laughed too. Then he said as he pointed to the street, "all these police cars (who were there for a worker's rally) are guarding him hahahah, he is the Boss of Bosses!" Then I remembered the song which he was referring to and I looked up the lyrics:

"I sail underneath the water
And I also know how to fly high
Many think that the government is looking for me
Others say it's just a bunch of lies
From above I'm having a ball
Because I enjoy their confusion"

Nothing but the truth encapsulated in a corrido.

Comments