Barefooted Carmelitas, Prayer House Carmel Maranathá

I was on my way to Mexico City when I passed by an exit that rang a bell, Maranathá the sign said. I remembered that some people told me about how beautiful this place was, so I went in.



According to their website this house for prayer is part of the order of hermits from the Carmelo Mount established in Jerusalem on the XII Century. It's purpose was to create a space that allowed for personal reflection and a spiritual encounter with God.

A very different Déjeuner sur l’herbe 




I went in where I didn't know
And remained without knowing
all science trascended.
Oh thickness and forests
planted by the hand of the Loved One!
Oh vegetable prairies
of flowers, please do tell
if He has gone though you!











I wish everyone could smell the wood of the benches, appreciated the small details (tiles, hand-made wall decorations and colorful stained glass), that make this place a sober yet exquisite one. It doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, this place does invite to contemplation of nature living harmoniously along with stone carvings, candles, and fountains.


A truck filled with birds of paradise waved goodbye to me on the road. Until next time Deeper Mexico.

Comments