Keeping Up with the Presidency


Ever since reality shows have been around I've always wondered what is so fascinating about a former beauty pageant called Honey Boo Boo, a family selling their lifestyle on TV or just rich kids from Beverly Hills.

What I never though I get to see on my lifetime, at least, was a reality show on Twitter, news programs and YouTube about the soon-to-be President of the US and his family. The attention placed on this man around the world is almost cannibalistic to say the least. Is it the morbid desire of people to watch him mess up and still get away with it? Is it the fascination of the irascible and irrational so powerful and magnetic?
One thing is certain, the commercialization of the presidency is on. On, like as seen on TV show, on like a viral campaign that appears on every medium that replicates it ad infinitum.


I know, it's comical. Almost.

I feel I've been laughing at memes from my president, sometimes crying, sometimes in complete disbelief since he took charge in 2012. Four years of criticism, intervened photographs, inventive cartoons, humorous texts at protests, funny hashtags, exceptional costumes at public events, some smart, other emotional videos yet I wonder if this is all we do to face reality.


To capture the absurdity of ineptitude whilst "getting off the script", to share it, and to replicate, replicate, replicate. Because all we care about, is being the wittiest at social platforms, the closest to real-time events, the coziest pretending to be momentarily concerned in our disintegrating blurbing bubbles...

Comments