Pogo, Closure


Ahhh New York I love you, I really do. You have seen me outgrow my weird hairdos from the eighties, then nervously making my first travels on my own, occasionally through my masters and it was, none other than an amazing New Yorker, that sponsored my O-1 Artist visa in the U.S.

Everything here is intense, never boring, like a speeding arrow that strikes you straight through the heart. Best and worst, no grayscales, blunt and in your face. Through your streets runs the pushing pace of those who shape the world, or so it seems sometimes: a well nurtured cultural illusion for the best, the trendiest, the now.


I loved the reshuffling of spaces. The Whitney Museum for starters. While at Soho, I realized I just might have been in the same spot I was twenty years ago having drinks, but the space was completely different. I left some pending stuff, for example, I will have to go to this place in Tribeca because I really like Balthazar.

Five days and I already feel the effect of having been on another planet. I met amazing people. Incredibly talented ones like Emily Cobb and Marie Boltenstern, interesting projects like Seabling and knowledgeable gallery jewelry owners like Veronika Shwarzinger.


Some new appointments might arise from this forum and I'm so grateful about the jewelry guild for embracing my project in such a positive way.

Comments