Bodies of Image, diecisiete collection @ MUAC

[get it]
Waiting for a book presentation to begin, I ponder why I was so compelled by art since I was little.
Art museums have always been contexts I fit in, which basically means to me, everywhere, or by an imaginary fringe where all ideas are valid. It doesn't get to feel like home but close to inner peace. Just like reading a book validates someone's experience on this life, museums speak of aesthetic actions and decisions other than or more often than words.

So, even when I'm not working in my art projects (which has been a small hiatus now), museums seem to be there, waiting for me, to say something I haven't uttered yet. Not pretentiously thinking I belong in a white cube, but it seems like a feat not entirely unattainable some optimistic days; if and when making means something beyond your own experience, when you are able to transform the human into meaningful.

Presentations in México usually start late. Punctuality is in the most New Orleanian fashion, which is spectacularily so, yet late. Some usual faces, art being one of those circles, never gets too big even in such a large country like mine. Thing started finally 20 minutes past. Totally worth it.
Benjamín Mayer / Itala Schmelz / José Luis Barrios / Iván Ruiz

Comments