Hum

hum  (hm)
v. hummed, hum·ming, hums
v.intr.
a. To emit a continuous low droning sound like that of the speech sound (m) when prolonged.
b. To emit the continuous droning sound of a bee on the wing; buzz.
c. To give forth a low continuous drone blended of many sounds.
2. To be in a state of busy activity.
3. To produce a tune without opening the lips or forming words.

To hum in a blog. Why?
 
Well, basically because for one, I found out Facebook was becoming more of a personal musical and art bookmarking tool. Also because I wanted to keep expanding over my findings in a way it made more sense to me than torturing people to go through my findings. I will be posting about some matters not because I claim to know about them but because I'm fascinated by the fact I don't know anything about them.

This is stuff that's becoming important in my work as an artist, if not core.
 
Now, if I can trace where this started I could say long ago but to be honest it sort of bloomed in New Orleans. I don't mean to expand on a cliché, on how music is on every corner around here but what I do want to start by saying is how music is more like a way of understanding life itself.

For almost three years I started scavenging musical findings mostly because I was thirsty for new sounds. I started by committing to a musical or digital media post a day. When I least knew it, there was poetry in there, writings, personal obsessions based on what was being listened to. I was doing it in sadness and joy, for things to be moved about, suddenly understanding and connecting to things from my past. Of how when I was little (don't know what age) I remember how the dust slowly danced through a window by an area in the middle of the stairs where the stereo played "The Carpenters". Of how musicals (yes musicals), changed my life to the point I literally thought adults in love sang to each other, which I still think they do but in a prose/slow-rapping kind of way.

So there it is. And to begin this blog I need a song:


Comments