Major Lazer, Get Free Ft. Amber Of The Dirty Projectors

Yesterday I went to the Conservatorio Nacional de Música for a first meeting to present my project. There is always a social aspect of the work I do that amazes me: people want to get involved in it. Whether it challenges, interests them or they get excited because they want to help me, who knows, we all have personal interests in things we choose to participate in.

In any case, this is the first approach towards institutions, of starting to materialize something that was in my head, then unto paper and now in the hands of someone that might be able to help me.




As I was driving back, I kept feeling grateful about this and the first image that came to my head was "The Ship of Fools" by Hieronymus Bosch. In spanish, the name of this painting is not translated as fools but more as crazy people. To me, this image beyond depicting sins or the human condition has always been more about having all "crazy" dreaming, positive people on the same boat or place.
"Renaissance men developed a delightful, yet horrible way of dealing with their mad denizens: they were put on a ship and entrusted to mariners because folly, water, and sea, as everyone then 'knew', had an affinity for each other. Thus, 'Ship of Fools' crisscrossed the sea and canals of Europe with their comic and pathetic cargo of souls. Some of them found pleasure and even a cure in the changing surroundings, in the isolation of being cast off, while others withdrew further, became worse, or died alone and away from their families."Jose Barchilon

Comments