The Smiths, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me


I dreamt about you.

It was a business event gala. We were both dressed up and you looked really handsome. I didn't look bad myself if I may say so. 

We started dancing together, with such familiarity, that people who knew us (from our different working environments) started wondering what we meant for each other. Mostly we spoke as we shuffled through the dance floor. Smiled, made jokes. My hands just below your neck, yours on my waist. Really cheesy somehow.

You had a business to attend, excused yourself with the promise we would meet after.

A collaborator of mine walked towards me to get the scoop. Who's that guy? How do you know him? I smiled confidently. Oh, I knew him a long time ago, I answered. My coworker opened her eyes: Really? But you never mentioned anything about him! I just grinned as I watched you leave the room.

Through the dark hallways, I never found you again.

Comments