Bob Dylan, Blowing In The Wind

So. How do you create a final exam for Interactive Design college students? I have been finding out lately, it's really really hard. I keep coming back to the certain mastery of TOEFL examinations, or even the Proficiency Cambridge test I once took as a kid.

Here's the tricky part, the "deviation" answers. All of them have to be correct answers but one of them must be the non plus ultra one that sorta has no contest with the lesser wannabe ones. Students, hopefully then, will discriminate and discard. Yet, if I make it sound simple, I dare anyone to try it in the most mundane of ways:

Which fruits or vegetables are yellow?
a. bannanas and limes
b. pomelos and corn
c. potatoes and kiwis
d. all of the above

Now, questions about usability and interactive design have to be pretty visual and redundantly, interactive. Thank you Adobe XD. If I had known this much work was needed I would have thought about this more carefully. Heheheh. It's challenging though. How do you make someone really think about something and/or not insult their intelligence, somewhere in between lies the right kind of question and the correct editing of images and words.

But even though I have spent days and nights on this, it's a lost battle. How much, how little? As Dylan would say, the Answer my friend, is blowing in the wind...


or somewhere in the Galaxy....

Comments