Little Freddie King

Yesterday was SCS Christmas party at the Bayou Beer Garden. It made me think on how I've been part of this company since 2008 when I made their corporate image as a gift to them. I came here for a summer break from RISD and Scott was starting his business with two other partners. 

I've seen people come and go but since I've been their freelance I like the idea that I can be inserted into their corporate events and have fun. Yesterday, Little Freddie King played at the BBG. He was amazing, no wonder.

All this partying reminded me of dancing in Cartagena. Well, the feeling of it but in New Orleans.

New Orleans has a beautiful beat to it, like no other place. It's full of little treasures like this one. For the untrained eye, one can easily pass them by, but if one has lived here for a while then you know there's always something precious when you least expect it. Some things just have a silent glory to themselves because they simply are what they are, just like the rows of hundred year old, moss growing, oak trees from any park in this city.

I know I have to get out more often, emotionally too. Maybe it's about time. 

Comments