Three Ring Circus, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis






If I really think hard enough, I have always felt the same way about art museums. The fact I'm currently helping to organize an event for all of the Mexican museums is beyond me. I get to know people, I get the nonchalant tour of the underneaths of the museums, the cold warehouses behind the great spectacle art is.

And I do feel respectful towards these institutions, like in any religion, not so much the priest, or the director or sometimes the curatorship, but the idea of placing something so subjective to acknowledge it's presence, it's relevance and that, at some point might clarify or depict parts of a culture is a very unique and human characteristic I truly mesh with ethics.

I'm really excited about this event. I'm not that terrible at organizing them, but I'm learning each and every time you never have to give anything for granted, learn to ask and demand from the right people, write down everything and if you mess up, be quick and assertive to change plans.

What I really enjoy is the idea of hosting, of small details that make an experience better and as I'm driving through the city delivering products or buying some, I have discovered amazing places from a city that never ceases to challenge my views of reality. It's like setting mental post-its on this corner or another one on that old, decayed book store I need to photograph before it falls down. It's also a way of racing through my city along it's complicated veins. My heart beats as I try to figure our uniqueness, trying to grasp the elation one must feel by watching a three ring circus of jumping alebrijes, three eyed clowns dressed as politicians and flying sopes.

While I wait on a stop light I think: I breach and try things, like an acrobat on the air... On my Mexican three ring circus.

Comments