John Parr, St. Elmo's Fire



Someone told me according to a Chinese tradition, there is a red thread of fate that is supposed to bind people that were to meet, together. This thread never breaks, it just elongates or gets short pending on one's life.

I received news about someone's life a few days ago. It felt as if, the information had the power of evoking a strong feeling of nearness that thankfully faded away terribly fast. It's vapour made me aware of the last shreds of naiveté my body can no longer live with.

Fate is such a terrible concept. We should all be glad some red threads get cut along the way. I hope, if the Chinese know something I don't, I will no longer be able to recognise these threads on the street, in a museum, on an airport. And better yet, if I finally do, use the experience wisely towards the future, never going towards "fictitious back" that never will or ever was.

Comments