José y Pilar


"... Saramago wanted to remember about it this way: 'I was having a rough patch, my love life had already suffered from several years of total disaster but when I met Pilar, I felt I had reached the corner of time. She is the woman that has made me discover the fourth love dimension... And don't ask me what that is: you either know it or it's not even worth trying to explain it'".

According to this note, all the watches that were scattered through their house were stopped at 4pm (his decision), at the exact time he met her at Hotel Mundial back in 1986... "that afternoon, at four, he had met the woman with whom he could pour all the love words he had in his heart and had been unused so far." [source] Pretty poetic and beautiful but what can you expect if not that, from Saramago?

Comments