The Village People, YMCA


Oh funding, such a joyous activity. Where I usually deal with structural or formal aspects of my work, funding seems to be one of the hardest. Here's where the Creative Capital workshop comes through. The addressing letters, the right wording but also looking for the right people to help you out.

I remember having these fake "casual meetings" with the Creative Capital folks, trying to start up a conversation with someone and sort of explaining the project in less than five minutes, being clear about it yet capable enough to provide the right amount of information. It sounded like choosing which wire to cut (the blue or the red, the blue or the red?) so a social bomb wouldn't detonate and the project would be left in hopeless shambles.

Well, here I am. I have asked people to help me before but maybe I wasn't conscious of it, maybe Institutions are complex little cities with presidents and hierarchies where you must learn to navigate through, maybe I admire these places and makes it harder because you don't want to mess up?

So you keep the fire going before you get filed underneath piles of paperwork and forget what you were doing in the first place.


Comments