Arturo Marquez, Danzon #2

I have a thing for garbage trucks  
Book and Rose Fair @UNAM 

This must be a beautiful book [sample below]

Manual of the Perfect Trickster & The Art of Stealing:
two books for Enrique Peña Nieto's collection (heheh)
 
Gabo Homage

Azul y Oro Restaurant


What a grand country I live in. Book fairs to me, are a symbol of progress and faith in culture. People are open to listening to new ideas, we are paying a silent ode to those that take us to faraway lands, inner territories and human emotions. Looking at some titles in the distance I'm aware I been for longer on this Earth. As I read the spines of the books I see long time friends and appreciate the fact, they have become the modern classics. 

I see myself reading and writing through my entire life, these bundle of pages were companions in beaches, trains, long winters and food festivals. 

Dogs everywhere, storytellers, kids fumbling through the greatest selection of illustrated, educational and original books, red roses, friends, concerts and live music. Danzón is playing. People are moving together, elegantly so, shuffling through the floor.

Loving Mexico takes you to the best and worst places of the human mind. There seems to be no in-between and I guess we're barbaric that way. And please, note I'm using this word in the farthest derogatory possible sense. It's the pride that shines through the native people in the US, it's the resilience I've seen from Neworlenians, or the grandeur of the Loire's castles. Our "garra", inner strength or point of origin(ality) must rely on this barbaric pride to defend this society that sensually moves, gently glides with a smile to the beats of the sweet danzón.

Comments