Mexican Army, Honor March of Mexican Hymn



Mexican GI Joe's on the streets. I wish I could see further from what I'm able to... Where are they going? Following whose orders? To quiet down which state?

But I also wish I didn't feel the need to write down T L A T L A Y A ??? on a piece of paper as I drive along these commandos and stick it to the window of my car. It literally took an effort of rational thinking to place the notebook down, focus and accelerate, leaving my feelings behind.

The feelings of disappointment in one's special forces and armies, the upset stomach that fills every particle of my being when I watch these convoys roll by. As I leave them behind, I no longer think of fellow Mexicans in uniform acting with a code of honor, or compassionate men defending our flag. When I see them, I think about the execution of a fifteen-year old girl in Tlatlaya, of considering them more as partners of an impune system that makes great profits from drug dealing and the sad part is, I would love to have the wrong impression.

Comments