Doris Day, Whatever Will Be, Will Be



There's a gloomy sense flying through the air right now. Along with it, one memory behind it. 

I was around 10 maybe. I woke up because my face felt cold. I could also listen to the sound of familiar voices getting all geared up with excitement. Two of my cousins and my brother were putting their boots on, when they realised I was looking puzzled at them, one of my cousins said, "It's snowing!" and pointed out of the window.

I looked back through the small window of the camper my uncle and father had rented, and for the first time in my life, I looked at these white, fluffy, circles falling from the sky. I had to hurry to catch up with them outside.



We were all really excited on our red, white or blue ski pants, making noise as we moved around: "Wheesh, wheesh". We opened or mouths to taste the ice melting in our mouths. Our faces turned pink, then red, played with the breath that came out from our bodies. Soon after, snowballs were made and a war started with some grown-ups too.

Adulthood came along and we all moved forward the best way we could due to decisions made in our paths. Some through kids, some through debts and sadly, some, as I write this, through an air ambulance.

Comments