Edith Aron, On the Verge of Reality


My polita name came originally from "Pola", the other woman aside "La Maga" from Cortázar's Rayuela. It all came down when back in the nineties, I was looking for an electronic name to use at the chats and back then, that book was (and still is) a brick of my intellectual pillar.

I tried inserting "Maga" in the name option but it was already taken. Soon after, I tried other ideas by making some combinations with the same name and some numbers but all of them were taken too. For a moment I thought about "Pola", the other female character in the book, which in all truth, made more sense to use, since my original name had some resonance to it.

I have to admit, I always identified myself with La Maga more than Pola, though I never smoked Gauloises I always felt I was not really part of this world and Maga's events or logic made more sense to me than the ordinary ways of Pola. I always, always, always assumed these were fictitious characters and not real ones.

But now I know.

Comments