Balmorhea, Bowsprit


I wonder why is it we have such a small circuit of things in life that make us happy: our job, our calling, the family we create, the one we already have, sports or hobbies, travel, nature and of course, our partner.

Recently, I've been learning that there are more micro-multiple ways to make yourself happy, of giving love to others beyond those immediate or familial circles, of small ways to change the situation Mexico's in.

Love Ministries has been running for almost 25 years. They dedicate their work towards kids from the streets, young people that have to take care of their families, young groups at risk and "ceresitos" who are the kids from Cereso female prisoners. 

I took some almost-unused-toys to them today. They were donated by friends and family that have the fortune to have them in excess. Helping is easy... Why don't we do it more often? Why don't we teach kids at schools to help others? Doing this not only opens adults to the fact the things they worry or complain about are really not that serious. The time I remain in Mexico, I'll try to take some "fortunate" kids to this experience, because it was a great learning experience for me when I was younger. It made me think about remaining grateful and the ability one action has to impact (even momentarily) another life. One tree can start a forest, correct?


Comments