Patrick Hawes, Quanta Qualia


Charles Bronson
Friends
Friends
Magic, healing place
Friends
German/Uruguayan/Mexican New Year's Dinner
Family 
Family
Family


I don't know whether to make this post inspirational or funny. I have always loved New Years' because they have mostly been good and everyone is usually predisposed to have a good time. It's almost like thanksgiving but with a twist of new and endless possibilities.

One more year. Last year I felt grateful, as if the spirit of a new life was possible. This year I feel the need to encompass two past cycles: when I was 18 and 22. At 18, I felt what everyone feels at that age: powerful, invincible and completely raw. Everything seemed possible, doors, perceptions, all opened wide as I went back from Europe with a new perspective to my bachelor's degree in Mexico City.

Two years later, already at college, I was part of the student's council and my head was completely wrapped in the education I was receiving. I felt a bit cocky but at the same time restless, mostly because I wanted to become an artist and not a graphic designer, so, unlike my fellow students, I never digged fonts or had favourite pantone numbers.

Something connects both cycles with the present one. One that finally had closure this year. All I can say in hindsight is: I am certainly not the same one in these three stages of my life but in some ways, my core has been kept intact somehow. I have learned so much these past few months about looking at men in their real dimension it feels like years.

After these three occasions my life changed dramatically and I really hope this next year won't be the exception. I also hope I can provide myself of a warmer, free flowing future, where the challenge becomes all about feeling good. Passionately, almost absortedly so. No more cardboard roughness from someone's touch, with no exceptions, this much I promise myself.

No need of a new life, just a better one will be enough.

Comments